Delivering quality, flexible Social Work and Discharge Planning Services to Australian Hospitals since 1995.
Who we are
LinkCare was founded by Michael Thorbecke and Peter Keil to deliver responsive, high quality Social Work to hospitals across Victoria. In March 2017, LinkCare merged with Care Guidance.
LinkCare employs over a dozen experienced Social Workers who are skilled at discharge planning, complex case management, aged care placements and crisis intervention. LinkCare Social Workers work everyday to save bed days and deliver effective and compassionate outcomes for the patient, their family and the hospital.
Our social workers
- have extensive clinical experience in hospitals and subacute settings;
- have relevant and up-to-date knowledge of local discharge pathways;
- have an in-depth understanding of community supports;
- are familiar with the complexities of the aged care system;
- are empathetic, compassionate and understand the needs of patients and families;
- can resolve any problems quickly and effectively;
- understand the pressures on hospital Length of Stay and work to minimise bed days where possible;
- achieve effective and positive outcomes for the patient, family and hospital.
- Social Work can be provided on an on-going or locum basis.
Flexible pricing arrangements
We provide Social Work services in a way that best meets the hospital's needs.
Flexible service delivery options include:
The Social Worker is contracted for set hours each week.
This arrangement is useful if the Social Worker is required to attend weekly team meetings or if the hospital wants a social work presence on regular days.
The Social Worker operates on a referral basis.
They are responsive to each hospital's particular caseload, with fees charged per intervention (eg. discharge coordination into residential aged care, home services coordination, therapeutic interventions).
Some of our partner hospitals
1300 442 383
1/232 Clarendon Street
South Melbourne, 3205