Helping Australian families find aged care that fits.
Who we are
Care Guidance was founded to help you navigate the aged care maze. Our in-person service means you can get help from a real human today.
When it comes time to find aged care for yourself or a loved one, it's hard to know where to start or how to get the best outcome.
Our team of aged care professionals have decades of combined experience in helping families cut through the complexity and find the aged care options that best-suited aged care.
When it come to aged care, one size doesn't fit all. That's why we take the time to get to know you and then make recommendations based on:
- your care needs;
- your budget;
- your lifestyle priorities;
- the availability of aged care beds in your area.
Getting started with Care Guidance
We can tailor a package of services to suit your needs and budget - whether you want a comprehensive service or just need a bit of a steer to get started. For example, you may wish to book a time to meet with one of our friendly experts for one of the following Sessions:
Aged Care Journey Mapping
- Our Journey Mapping Sessions are for individuals and families who need help to understand the different aged care and retirement living options that are available to them and at what cost.
- One of our friendly experts will arrange an in-person meeting to help you understand the options available, and to help you determine which ones will be best suited for you. This includes a broad look at aged care across the spectrum, including in-home care, independent living and residential aged care.
- The Session includes a personalised care options overview that we prepare and send to you following the consultation detailing the types of care and supports that were discussed and recommended for your reference.
- The cost for this session is $550 including GST.
Residential Aged Care Navigation
- Our navigation sessions are designed to arm you with the knowledge and tips you need to get started on your aged care journey.
- One of our friendly expert Care Guides will arrange an in-person meeting to help you understand the residential aged care system and answer your questions, taking you through all aspects of accessing residential care, including:
o The ACAS assessment,
o Aged care fees and charges;
o The income and asset test;
o What to look for in an aged care home.
- Your Care Guide will also talk you through how Care Guidance can help you get the very best aged care outcome through our placement service and how much this will cost, or how you can access our service for free through our network of partner aged care homes.
- The cost for this session is free, although many people elect to take up one of our services following this session.
1300 442 383
1/232 Clarendon Street
South Melbourne, 3205